Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

kidisms

i teach the ctr4 class in my ward of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. it is my most favorite calling. i love sharing time and singing time and head-shoulders-knees-and toes to get wiggles out, but most of all i love the cute things they say every week. i also teach little kids at jacqueline's school of ballet, and even though we don't have singing time while doing ballet, they still say the darndest things. here are some:


"i just like my brothers and sisters but i hate to play with them." (starts crying)

me: "h, will you come hold this picture for me?"
h: "no i don't like to help anyone."
me: gives picture to someone else to hold.
h: (starts crying) "i never get a turn to hold the picture."

"hey [h], my mom said we can't wrestle in church today."

 (looking at a closed door on the other side of the room) "teacher, is that where they keep the chickens?"

s: "do you have a husband?"
me: "no."
s: "why not?"
me: "because i haven't met the right person yet."
s: "all you have to do is go pick someone."
-_-

r: "do you have a boyfriend yet?"
me: "nope, not yet."
r: "like seriously? even i have a boyfriend." (age 9)

"teacher, are you 100?"

l stars crying. s sees l crying. s and l are best friends. s starts crying because l is. now everyone cries because everyone else is crying.

me: "we have to hold our rotators reeeeally tight so they can get strong, so i want you to pretend you have a diamond in between your bum cheeks. don't drop it or it will break. ok?"
k: "like a diamond in the rough?"
me: "yes, exactly"
k: "how about we hold aladdin in our bum cheeks instead?"

(during sharing time) "teacher, look at my spiderman underwear!"

(during a barre exercise) "we are farmers, bum ba dum bum bum bum bum!..... i'm so beautiful."

hmm.






No comments:

Post a Comment